20141002

Overnight Sensation





I had a nice talk today with a dear photographer friend…about creating work that is deeper than the cliche I-was-here!  or  look-what-I-did! shots.  

Instead, aiming to reveal what the scene shares.  

I noted it’s easy to imagine there a fewer distractions when photographing at night, but in reality there can many until you get out of your own way and allow the night to envelop you.     

The cool touch of the night, the true depth of the sky, smells you never notice during the day, AND it's not so quiet really....  

The wind whispers, thermals gargle and the voices in your head become so loud,      you find yourself talking back – convinced you are conversing with the scene itself.  

It is a wonderful challenge and pleasure to shoot for this ‘sensation’.


return to:  Robert Howell Photography.com      
for more information drop me a line

"Keep Looking UP" 
~~~Bob







No comments: